Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Disclaimer
Last Updated: (27/09/2022)
APKGUARDIAN.COM (“we,” “our,” or “us”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). This DMCA Disclaimer outlines our policies and procedures concerning copyright infringement claims on our website (https://apkguardian.com/)
The DMCA is a federal copyright law in the United States that provides certain protections for copyright owners against online copyright infringement. It outlines the procedures for reporting copyright infringement and the responsibilities of online service providers, like Apk Guardian, when handling such reports.
Our DMCA Compliance
As an online service provider, we are committed to complying with the DMCA and responding to copyright infringement claims appropriately. We have implemented the following procedures to address copyright infringement claims:
1. Designated Agent
We have appointed a designated agent who is responsible for receiving and processing DMCA infringement notices. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed upon on our website, please contact our designated agent:
2. Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner (or an agent thereof) and believe that any content on our website infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our designated agent with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, along with information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that knowingly misrepresenting that material or activity is infringing may subject you to legal consequences. It’s important to exercise due diligence when submitting a DMCA notice.
If you believe that your content was removed (or access to it was disabled) in error or as a result of misidentification, you may send us a counter-notification. To be effective, the counter-notification must include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512(c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Upon receiving a valid counter-notification, we will forward it to the original complaining party who filed the DMCA notice. If we do not receive notice within ten (10) business days that the complaining party seeks a court order to prevent further infringement of the content in question, we may replace or cease disabling access to the material.
4. Repeat Infringers
We may terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who are repeat infringers. If you believe that a user of our website is a repeat infringer, please follow the above procedures to report it to us.
5. Legal Advice
Please be aware that this DMCA Disclaimer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with legal counsel if you have questions or concerns about the DMCA and its applicability to your situation.
We take copyright infringement seriously and strive to maintain the integrity of our website by complying with the DMCA. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this DMCA Disclaimer or believe that your copyrights have been violated on our website, please contact our designated agent.
ApkGuardian reserves the right to modify this DMCA Disclaimer at any time without notice.